Terms of Service
CarsOne100 – Inspection Service Terms
By booking a vehicle inspection with CarsOne100, you agree to the following terms and conditions regarding the CarsOne100 service:
- Fees, Cancellation and Exclusions:
- In consideration of CarsOne100 providing you with vehicle inspection services, including the provision to you of an inspection report (Report), you agree to pay the applicable fees.
- Fees on the CarsOne100 app and website may be changed by CarsOne100 from time to time and in its sole discretion by posting the revised fees and charges where the service is made available for purchase by you.
- CarsOne100 reserves the right not to undertake a vehicle inspection for any type of vehicle or other item, in which case you will be entitled to a refund.
- Inspection Process:
- Following completion of payment for an inspection service, a qualified mechanic will conduct the inspection.
- The inspection of any vehicle undertaken by CarsOne100 is VISUAL and non-mechanical only, and CarsOne100 will not be responsible for any latent defects which were not visually apparent during the inspection. The inspection will cover the vehicle’s exterior, interior, engine compartment, tyres and wheels, brakes, under body and a road test where possible. The inspection will specifically not cover the items set out in Annexure 1. No parts or components are removed or replaced during the inspection process. You acknowledge that while CarsOne100 mechanics use accepted methods of fault detection, these methods will not necessarily identify all faults with a vehicle. You should consider the age and condition of the vehicle at the time of inspection and any Report should be reviewed in this context. Vehicles are only road tested to speed limit of local area.
- The purpose of the report provided by CarsOne100 is to assist prospective purchasers of second hand vehicles to generally assess the condition of the vehicle to be purchased. The report assesses the condition of the vehicle as at the time of inspection only. It remains the prospective purchaser’s responsibility to conduct a visual inspection of the vehicle at the time of inspection. The report is not a roadworthy certificate. You acknowledge that CarsOne100 does not check that the vehicle is not subject to a recall notice.
- Where a road test is part of any inspection, it is your responsibility to ensure that the vehicle has sufficient fuel to undertake the test. CarsOne100 will not undertake a road test on any vehicle which appears, as determined by the mechanic, not to be in a roadworthy condition or if the vehicle is not registered in the relevant province.
- You should consider the age and condition of the vehicle at the time of inspection and any Report should be reviewed in this context. Subject to all applicable laws, CarsOne100 does not provide any warranty regarding the nature, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any information contained in the Report.
- CarsOne100 will not check for any manufacturer recall notices and you should ensure that the vehicle is not subject to a recall notice.
- Notwithstanding the result of any inspection, CarsOne100 does not guarantee that the vehicle inspected will pass a road authority inspection.
- CarsOne100 makes no representation or warranty regarding the condition of the vehicle to you and you should conduct a full mechanical inspection and other investigations in relation to the vehicle before entering into any agreement to purchase a vehicle.
- Finance Inspections
- CarsOne100 makes use of a third-party to verify the vehicle history who will only verify the existence of a vehicle or item and any other verification items set out in the report. The inspection is based on the VIN or other serial number of the vehicle and CarOne100 relies on this third-party information for the accuracy of these details and will not be responsible or liable to any person in the event this information is inaccurate. It is the responsibility of the buyer or any other person requesting the inspection to check for any financial interest owing on the vehicle. The purchaser or any other person requesting the inspection must take responsibility for the authenticity of the vehicle as described by the person booking the inspection. VIN and serial numbers are recorded by our inspectors however authenticity cannot be guaranteed. This type of inspection does not involve any investigation of the condition of the vehicle or item at all and CarsOne100 makes no representation or warranty regarding the condition of the vehicle or item and buyers should conduct a full mechanical inspection and other investigations in relation to the vehicle or item before entering into any agreement to purchase a vehicle or item.
- Your Responsibilities:
- The inspection will be undertaken at the location notified by you on the CarsOne100 app. It is your responsibility to arrange for your vehicle to be at the inspection location at the time of the booking or to procure that the vehicle seller makes available his or her vehicle at the inspection location at the time of the booking.
- You are obligated and hereby undertake to provide the CarsOne100 mechanic/representative with any material information that you are aware of in relation to the vehicle which is the subject of the inspection. For example, the vehicle’s service history, if the vehicle is unregistered (and if not, the reason for it being unregistered), any major mechanical repairs undertaken on the vehicle or if the vehicle has suffered structural damage due to its involvement in a collision. CarsOne100 relies on the complete disclosure of this information from you and the accuracy of any such information and will not be responsible if the Report is inaccurate due to inaccurate information provided by you.
- You understand that the Report is not, and should not be considered to be a recommendation to purchase or not to purchase a vehicle. The decision to purchase a vehicle remains your own, having regard to such matters as you consider relevant, and you agree that the Report is not intended to persuade you to purchase a vehicle. You must have regard to your own circumstances and conduct your own independent investigations and enquiries.
- Intellectual Property:
All Intellectual Property Rights in the CarsOne100 services vests in CarsOne100 and there shall be no assignment of Intellectual Property Rights in any materials provided by CarsOne100 to you as part of the service delivery. For the purpose of this clause, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all rights in present and future registered and unregistered copyright, trademarks, designs, patents, semi-conductor or circuit layout rights resulting from intellectual activity in the electronic, industrial, scientific, literacy or artistic fields. CarsOne100 retains all rights to the Report and the data contained in it and provides any Report subject to the terms of these terms and conditions. Nothing in this clause will operate to limit or restrict CarsOne100’s rights in relation to the data contained in any Report for purposes other than for providing you with a Report.
- Matters outside CarsOne100’s reasonable control:
CarsOne100 will not be liable for any delay in performing, or any failure to carry out an inspection to the extent that such delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control.
The Terms of Service Terms and Conditions must be read as if included in this document and as if forming apart thereof. If there is a conflict between one of these documents the provisions of Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Annexure 1 – Excluded Items
- Brake function and lining material, brake drums, limited to what is immediately visible
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) mechanics
- Meters indicating oil and fuel consumption or the degree of oil and fuel consumption
- Reason for oil leaks
- Oil pump strainer to assess sludge build up
- Wheel cylinders
- Vehicle electrics and electronics
- Transmission mechanics
- Engine cylinder compression
- Engine mountings if not through a visual inspection
- Water pump/fan
- Body water leaks or reason for leaks
- Odometer and camshaft belt, drive belt and timing belt
- Estimated expiry of exhaust system, clutch, dual mass flywheels
- Standard to which repairs or service history have been completed
- Functionality of audio-visual or entertainment system including CD, Cassette, TV, DVD, iPod connectivity, sensors, alarm/security devices, satellite navigation systems/GPS
- Degree of gas emissions
- Catalytic converters if not seen through diagnostic test
- Additional accessories included as a result of owner’s modifications
- LPG systems
- Air conditioning efficiency
- Status of habitation areas of motorhomes or caravans
- Vehicle’s computer systems, such as trip meter computers, cruise control and any other computer systems
- Technical systems